8 Simple Ways To Have Better Sales Conversations – Real-Life Examples From the Field
Episode 35 Show Notes:
Learning how to conduct an effective but comfortable sales conversation is an art.
There’s no getting around the fact that it takes time and practice to master this skill. That said, today I’ll be sharing eight simple, tried-and-true keys that you can use to take your sales conversations up a notch today.
I see these eight keys in action with my own clients all the time. In fact, in this episode, I’m going to illustrate exactly how to apply these principles using a real-life example from an amazing business coach who we’ll be referring to as “Susan.”
Let’s dive in!
- Why you don’t need to be a seasoned sales professional to succeed (03:31)
- Susan’s question: Stick with a 3-month package or create a 12-month one? (05:04)
- Key #1: Find the right client (09:04)
- Key #2: Clarify the right goals and problems your client is looking to achieve (10:04)
- Key #3: Be the driver of your sales conversations to have “sales call flow” (12:31)
- Key #4: Own your unique authority (i.e. your “brilliance zone”) (18:55)
- Key #5: Shift from passive to active language, while keeping your personality (19:49)
- Key #6: Set boundaries (23:43)
- Key #7: Be aware of red flags (24:29)
- Key #8: Set expectations by clearly laying out next steps (28:25)
- A recap of the eight keys to improving your sales conversations (32:06)
Connect with Dorothy:
Send your episode topic suggestions or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reach out to Dorothy on Instagram @dorothyvilleneuvecoaching