How Having a Mental Health Difficulty Helped My Business
Episode 31 Show Notes:
Oh hey there, listener! It’s been more than a minute!
Now, this is going to be a bit of a different episode, but I found that the podcast gods just wouldn’t leave me alone if I didn’t address this topic. So, somewhere deep down in my perfection-desiring soul, I had to accept that calling and allow this piece of vulnerability out.
But I believe this could just be one of the most important subjects I’ll ever cover on the podcast.
Today, I’ll be going into the heavy topic of how my struggles with mental health in June of 2021 impacted my business.
At that time, I was falling down the deep rabbit hole of trying to figure out whether those struggles were age-related, hormonal, or even postpartum depression. It wasn’t easy to pinpoint the source of my mental health challenges. We were in the midst of a global pandemic, after all.
I was eventually formally diagnosed with an alphabet soup’s worth of conditions, ADHD being among them. This diagnosis forced me to slow down and reflect on my deepest mission and purpose as an entrepreneur, as well as how to make my brand more intentional and aligned to who I truly am and what I stand for.
Listen in and learn the priceless lessons I learned from this life-changing experience about becoming a better business owner and coach, and how to optimize your mental health in order to stay productive and motivated on this exciting journey!
In this episode, we talk about…
- [02:30] How I dealt with mental health struggles in June 2021
- [06:05] The long, agonizing wait for the diagnosis to finally arrive
- [11:37] How this experience helped my business
- [14:40] Exploring the “whats” and the “whys” of my business
- [19:19] Finding out how to become a better coach
- [21:14] How I intend to create more intentional, aligned content
- [23:21] Creating an ideal offer for my ideal client
- [25:18] Investing in your mental health as an entrepreneur
- [27:52] The importance of having a partner that supports you on your journey
- [28:52] My closing thoughts on entrepreneurship and mental health
Send your episode topic suggestions or questions to email@example.com
Schedule a call with Dorothy to chat about your Sales Strategy here
Reach out to Dorothy on Instagram @dorothyvilleneuvecoaching