Why Growing a Massive Following Online Is a Waste of Your Time & What You Should Do Instead
Episode 10 Show Notes:
Have you ever wondered where to find your best clients? The dreamy ones that all the coaches encourage you to find?
They swear they’re out there just waiting for your wonderful self to wrap them up in a big entrepreneurial hug with your offer in hand.
Most of us have been told that these vital few can only be found once we’ve built up a huge following.
Have you ever heard that you have to have a certain number of followers or emails on your list before you can even ask for the sale?
I’m here to break that myth.
I’m here to show you why many of my clients who have much larger followings than me were still struggling to achieve sales for their offers.
A higher follower count does not necessarily lead to more sales.
Done correctly, your aligned online following is absolutely an insurance policy. But, you’ll most likely be building a much stronger connection and relationship with them off of social media. And this is where the sales happen.
Listen in as I unpack the small audience dilemma and the three steps that you should be taking instead of aimlessly trying to build up your following on social media.
In this episode, we talk about…
- [03:22] Step #1: Your best clients are referrals. Get more of them!
- [08:27] Why it’s a waste of time to build a massive social media following.
- [09:01] Step #2: Grow your darn email list!
- [15:22] How to get your ideal clients to opt in to your email list.
- [20:00] Step #3: Ask them for the sale.
- [22:00] How to create a solid online presence.
- [23:15] Forget gaining new followers. Who can you help today?
Links to resources:
Send your episode topic suggestions or questions to email@example.com
Reach out to Dorothy on Instagram @dorothyvilleneuvecoaching