Five Lessons I Learned When Going from Overwhelmed Employee to Successful Online Coach
Episode 1 Show Notes:
Have you ever wondered what people mean by “getting out of your own way?” What really is the most important thing to focus on first when starting your own business? Are you tired of chasing shiny objects instead of clients chasing you?
Today, we dive into the five crucial lessons I learned the hard way (so that you don’t have to) when I went from overwhelmed employee to successful online coach creating consistent clients and income for my dream business.
I’ll be giving you a behind-the-scenes peek at the experience I had growing my six-figure coaching business. We’ll talk about the important mindset shifts I had to make when I took the leap from being an overwhelmed corporate employee to becoming my own boss!
In this episode, we talk about…
● [04:04] Dorothy’s journey from corporate employee to full-time entrepreneur.
● [07:10] Lesson #1: Align your energy and your purpose.
● [10:58] The real reasons behind why Dorothy chose coaching.
● [14:10] Lesson #2: Be intentional. Don’t chase money or settle for ‘easy.’
● [16:21] Lesson #3: Focus on what will grow your business.
● [18:50] Lesson #4: Your niche is important, but so is momentum.
● [22:25] How to make it easy for others to refer your services.
● [23:10] Lesson #5: Treat your business like a business, not like a hobby.
● [26:37] The unseen problem: Creating content without intention behind it.
● [28:25] A recap of the five lessons.
Reach out to Dorothy on Instagram @dorothyvilleneuvecoaching